About Business Paihia
Empowering Better Business
Business Paihia is an incorporation of businesses from Paihia, Waitangi, Opua, Haruru Falls, Kerikeri and Whangarei. We aim to build a dynamic business environment and to be influential in decision making in our community.
- Open lines of communication with local bodies, national tourism operators, government bodies, regional partners and regional business associations thus promoting the views of our local business community.
- Business Paihia works closely with businesses, community groups and local and NZ police to address security and safety issues in Paihia.
- A weekly update is produced to provide up-to-date information on what is happening in the region, workshops, events and business opportunities.
- Business Paihia manages the visitboi.co.nz website. This was taken over from the Bay of Islands Marketing Group. This is the main visitor information site for Bay of Islands.
- Business Paihia has employed an Events Co-ordinator. The purpose of this role relates back to their strategic plan, to drive visitation to the Bay of Islands. The Event co-ordinator role is funding by Business Paihia, Focus Paihia and Northland Inc. The purpose is to create the Bay of Islands as an events destination and encourage new events up here and to have a robust events calendar.
- Insights Speakers Series – Business Paihia runs evenings with speakers offering insights into subjects that impact business. These events give us all a chance to update our knowledge and learn, while also providing an opportunity to network with other businesses. As well as highly informative it’s a great chance for businesses to connect.
- Organise and run events – Christmas Parade, New Year’s Eve Fireworks, outdoor entertainment in central Paihia over Summer, the “it” Bay of Islands Food & Wine Festival.
- Support local events.
- Bring new events to the region – The Weetbix Tryathlon is one of these.
- Business Paihia works closely with Focus
- Social Media
- Cruise Ships – When cruise ships were visiting the Bay of Islands Business Paihia administered and supported the Cruise Ship Ambassador Scheme, which has been successful in pushing the Bay of Islands up in the ratings and increasing the number of cruise ships visiting.
- Business Paihia is continuously looking at ways to improve Paihia, whether it is through infrastructure, communications with local bodies, or festival and events.