he Bay of Islands have Cruise Ships visiting our shores on a regular basis from September through to April. You can find the Cruise ship schedule 16-17 for further details and for your information.
We will regularly be updating arrival and departure information on this page as and when we have the information.
Celebrity Solstice – Sunday, 23rd April 2017
ETA pilot 09.00
To anchor 09.30 no.1
First tender ashore ship personnel 10.00
First tender passengers 10.15 approx
Tendering to Waitangi Wharf
Shuttle buses running 6
Last shuttle ex Paihia Maritime Building 17.15
Last tender 17.30
Vessel arriving from Sydney
Vessel departing to Auckland
Passenger’s nationality Mix American & Australian
Passenger No’s 2,500
Other information BOI NZ first port call, relocation trip to Alaska
Any changes will be advised ASAP
The Bay of Islands Cruise Ship Ambassador Scheme
What is it? – Bay of Islands Cruise Ship Committee has provided an Ambassador Program for the last seven summers on all days that there was a large cruise ship visiting the Bay of Islands. In the season ahead has 51 days of ship arrivals. Yet again Cruise NZ report that major cruise ship operators rate the Bay of Islands very highly even though we are one of only two tender ports in NZ.
Why? – It is particularly difficult for tender ports to rate highly due to the more difficult logistics they face, with queuing to disembark and embark so this is a great achievement by the Bay of Islands. They particularly note the excellent communications all round and collaborative approach they experience and we still believe this program is one of the main reasons for these continued positive ratings. Blah Blah Marketing has been engaged once again to provide a comprehensive package of services including:
- Recruitment and training of ambassadors – to ensure a warm, efficient welcome is offered to our visitors, within new health and safety guidelines.
- Liaison with local groups and stakeholders
- Providing, distributing and cleaning of uniforms
- Preparation of maps and organization of printing etc
- Preparation and distribution of material for shop windows
- Administration and organization of Cruise Ship committee
- Electronic notification via facebook ‘groups’ of all details to do with imminent cruise ship arrival.
- As a contributor to the Ambassador scheme you will receive timely email notification of upcoming cruise ships all information needed as well as immediate notification of any changes to the Cruise Ship arrival/departure.
Costs? – It is estimated that the total cost of the above outlined programs will cost in the vicinity of $45,000 excluding GST. We are seeking a contribution from all businesses and organisations that benefit from the business generated by cruise ship visits. Those that have contributed in the past or those that are deemed to benefit specifically by the cruise ship visitors will be receiving an invoice in due course. You must opt out of this if you do not wish to donate to the scheme.
Small enterprises: Up to 4 staff $400 + GST, or 5 monthly payments of $80.00 excl. gst
Medium enterprises: 5 to 12 staff $750+GST, or 5 monthly payments of $150 excl. gst
Larger enterprises: 12 + Staff $1500+GST, or 5 monthly payments of $300 excl. gst
Please note that the stallholders on the village green contribute to the scheme.
An ‘Ambassador Program Supporter’ window sticker will be provided to those who financially support this program.
If you want to invest in this scheme and support the continued arrival of ships and high satisfaction levels in those passengers arriving on our shores – please email Irwin Wilson email@example.com or call 09 402 5659