The Waitangi Course not only provides an exciting and ever changing challenge to the golfer but also the most tremendous panorama of sea and island views over the Bay of Islands and Russell, river and estuary views over Waitangi and Opua and rolling bush and forest views inland over Mount Bledisloe and Puketona.
These views are complemented by well groomed greens and fairways surrounded by areas of flowering native trees which provide sanctuary for many varieties of native birds.
As many visiting golfers, particularly those from overseas, claim Waitangi is truly millionaires country for all to enjoy.
In 1932 the then Governor General of New Zealand, Lord Bledisloe and his wife Lady Bledisloe purchased just over one thousand acres of land on the Waitangi Peninsular and donated it to the inhabitants of New Zealand as a place of historic interest and recreational enjoyment for their benefit and use in perpetuity.
Physical address is Tau Henare Drive, Waitangi, Paihia, Bay of Islands.
Where the sea meets the tee