We are an incorporation of businesses from Paihia, Waitangi, Opua and Haruru Falls. We aim to build a dynamic business environment and to be influential in decision making in our community.
What we do
- Open lines of communication with local bodies, national tourism operators, government bodies, regional partners and regional business associations thus promoting the views of our local business community.
- Business Paihia works closely with businesses, community groups and the NZ police to address security and safety issues in Paihia.
- Meetings with guest speakers, training workshops and business seminars are organised from time to time, often in conjunction with other organizations or businesses such as Northland Inc or a specialist company. These are either free or at reduced rates for members.
- A monthly newsletter is produced to provide up-to-date information on what is happening in the region, workshops, events and business opportunities.
- Events – Developing regional awareness through events and marketing.
- Organise and run events – Christmas Parade, Paihia Summer Festival, New Year’s Eve Fireworks, outdoor entertainment in central Paihia over Summer, the “it” Bay of Islands Food & Wine Festival
- Support local events
- Bring new events to the region – Weetbix Tryathalon
- Created a Street Party after the Bay of Islands Beast Mud Run in July!
- BP@5 – a social quarterly catch up and great networking opportunity
- Business Paihia works closely with Focus Paihia in many ways such as the Business with Heart There are Business Paihia Representatives on the Focus Paihia Trust.
- Business Paihia Executive has representatives on many groups including the Destination Marketing Group, The Tourism Development Group, The Motel Association and Focus Paihia.
- Business Paihia is continuously looking at ways to improve Paihia, whether it is through infrastructure, communications with local bodies, or festival and events.
- Social Media – BP has a facebook page where you can link into and keep up to date on what is happening, plus a separate facebook page for the “it” Festival and Street Party.
- This website www.paihianz.co.nz.
- A directory of businesses, community groups and events.
- As a Business Paihia member you can list your business for free on the website.
- There is also a community section on the website where community organisations, sports groups, churches etc can list for at no charge
- Events section
- Cruise Ships – administer and support the Cruise Ship Ambassador Scheme, which has been successful in pushing the Bay of Islands ratings to number two in NZ, and increasing the number of cruise ships visiting.
Click to view the Information Pack which has committee details and information on how to join Business Paihia Business Paihia Information Pack 11th November 2017